20080529

The Lady across the street

Her vivid red hair was short, almost like a silky bandanna over her scalp. Clean. Neat.

I don't know what was it about her, but I couldn't tear my gaze away. There she stood, a street's width away from me, head slightly bobbing to what I could only guess to be the tunes of Rock. She wasn't perfect, hell no! Yet, she was just perfect.

I don't want to venture further, but the way her jeans ran snugly around her body captured me. Totally. Complete with an over-sized dark green jumper, I was hooked. Hooked to the extent that my heart skipped a bit, I think. I almost hated her.

Just when I think the universe could not be anymore cruel to me, it has to go and show me creatures like this, and totally make me eat back my own damn words. Why is it that some creatures are appallingly normal and decent, yet some are so heavenly spectacular? I stood still for a while, inadvertently scratching my toe nails against the dark granite. Oh, I was in pain, and I will unashamedly whine if need be. In fact, let's do just that!

I whine, and I sulk. And then the little green man appeared. She was walking towards me now. I couldn't move. I really want to do something amazing.. something unforgettable, something, anything, just to get her attention. Instead, I just stood there like a manic little puppy.

Hang on a sec, what was that? Was that a smile? Dear Lord, she smiled! At me!

I felt it, something was chocking me; a powerful force is tugging at my neck..

"Come on, Randy, come on now. Good boy, come along.."



No comments: