20080411

I love my Mummy

We've all been kids before.

We've all felt the need to be near our parents. We've all hankered for that extra little attention by crying and kicking and not letting go of their thighs. We've all been through all that and more..



We've all been kids before.

And now, whoever said that once you've grown up, you shouldn't display your inner needy kid, I say that is total crap.

It's precisely since moving away from home, adapting at independent livinghood, that I come to realize how much I love my family; Mum, Dad, Bro and Sis.

But this post is not about the thousand and one feelings I feel for them. This post is specially dedicated to my amazing Mummy.

The one whose unconditional love and support urged me to keep walking and striving. The one who always, always puts a smile on my face no matter how hard the day was. The one who never knew how to cook, but can still manage the household superbly. The one who taught me to be strong and relentless in pursuing my goals. The one who convinced me that I am one hell of a lady, despite the shame, guilt and stress that I carry on my head. The one who said that she will always be proud of her daughter.



The one who turns a young 53 today.



Happy Birthday, Mum!

I love you, and I'm thinking about you everyday.





P/S: Alright, same goes to you too, Dad.



1 comment:

Chloe Goh said...

aw babe..!! i miss my mum too :(