20080710

Rainy Days and Thursdays

Somehow I thought of Carpenter's Rainy Days and Mondays this morning. No, I take that back. I wasn't just thinking; I practically couldn't get that song out of my mind!

Well, it IS afterall a rainy day. Only it's Thursday here in Melbourne, 8.7°C with little diamond droplets falling from the sky.

Weird to say, even though I was repeating this song over and over, and over, in my head the whole morning, I did not in the least bit felt the rain got me down. In fact, I couldn't be any chirpier considering I finished late last night, went home for a brief sleep and up I got for work again at the break of dawn this morning. IN THE RAIN. At 7°C, might I add. I could almost feel my blood frozen during its journey to the tip of my fingers. I imagine ten little red popsicles with green and purple jelly strips that you might have seen when you were little, very much so like the one in your imagination.

Ok, that's random, but anyway, since Missy's on a random roll this morning, here's the song for those of yous who'd like to know, or would love to revisit oldies..



Rainy Days and Mondays

Words & Music by Paul Williams & Roger Nichols
Talkin' to myself and feelin' old Sometimes I'd like to quit Nothing ever seems to fit Hangin' around Nothing to do but frown Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down. What I've got they used to call the blues Nothin' is really wrong Feelin' like I don't belong Walkin' around Some kind of lonely clown Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down. Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you Nice to know somebody loves me Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do Run and find the one who loves me. What I feel has come and gone before No need to talk it out We know what it's all about Hangin' around Nothing to do but frown Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.
I'm beginning to see this in a lighter.. erm, light. And maybe everything in life can be seen in a lighter shade, if only we deviate from the usual heartbreaker. Try and see how it works for you, and don't forget to let me know ;)

Oh, and regarding that yoga path I was dying to take? I'm seriously looking into it. I might just fly off to India someday for all you know. Yes, I'm THAT into it now.



No comments: